Monday, August 30, 2010

Secret to good adrakh ki chai

I am sure most of the chai drinkers just love adrakh ki chai...... I get to have the best of it at my own house...... My Ma makes it the best........ the tea which I would make would never turn out to be as good as hers until one day I decided to observe how does she stir up a wonderful cup of ginger tea...... I discovered that the secret is a generous helping of a giner pod which is crushed and put into the tea whole...( do not squeeze the juice out and put)..... secondly, she leaves the chai to simmer on a low flame for almost five minutes.... till a layer forms on the top of boiling tea...... another indicator to look out for is the aroma.... after 5 minutes of boiling you will get the characteristic smell of ginger tea..(make sure ginger doesnt smell raw)....... strain it out....... nothing like a cup of hot ginger tea on my terrace with my eyes on the drifting large clouds, after a long day at office...... cheers.... :)

1 comment:

  1. Aunty does make it very well. Good you are learning from Meera Aunty

    ReplyDelete